You may have noticed a spate of gadgets being released recently that do not have any buttons but instead require the user to touch the things they want to interact with on the screen this is called touchscreen technology. But what precisely is touchscreen technology?
A Touch Screen is a device in a form of a display screen that is sensitive to touch and pressure. You can normally use a gadget by a touch of a finger or hand or by using a stylus. It is outfitted with an electronics visual display system which detects the presence of touch along its display range.
It also works as an input tool, where its interface can be modeled to palpable buttons. A touch screen can be used as a keyboard and its recent multi touch technology allows the touch screen to recognize handwritings and finger actions. It also recognizes graphics by plain touch on the screen.
electronics gadgets which are digital in nature makes use of the touch screen technology. It is normally used for ATM machines, sale terminals in the grocery or department stores, mobile phones, video games and PDAs or the personal digital assistant. Touch screens are graciously functional in hospital monitors which check on the progress of a patient, satellite navigation gadgets like a car navigation devices and for industrial usage like control panels. Touch screens became enormously popular since 2007 when Apple introduced iPhone and the iPad in 2010.
Kinds of Touch Screen technology
* The resistive touch screen technology has functioning layers made up of electrically metallic conductive and resistive sheets which gathers voltage from back to front to permit the controller to compute the user’s needs. This type of touch screen is affordable and resists dust and water, but it can be damaged by sharp items which come to contact.
* The surface wave touch screen technology on the other hand applies ultrasonic waves on the screen panel. This in turn sends the information required to process the user’s activities. This is the most advance technology available for a touch screen.
* The capacitive touch screen technology is layered and stores electrical charges. Upon the user’s touch, it is immediately transmitted for the processing of the information. It can only use fingers to harness the screen unlike the resistive and surface wave technologies which can make use of both fingers and stylus for navigation.
When buying touch screens, it is important to take note of the following:
* It should have features which you can easily use, like the ability for changing characters should you use it as a keyboard or as a mobile phone.
* The clarity of the display resolution is another important attribute.
* It should have a capable battery life and fast charging for you to fully utilize and make the most out of your gadget.
* It should be dirt, water and heat resistant, which makes cleaning very minimal.
* It should come with a warranty for repairs or change of parts.
With this helpful facts in mind, it won’t be hard to find your ideal electronics gadgets with touch screen features. Good luck on your touch screen hunting!