What does startup faults mean? Simply, it means you can not start your computer smoothly. When you run the computer startup self-checking programs, if some problems happen, various English short verses will turn up. These short verses contain some important information that can help you solve your startup faults. However, you may find out sometime you don’t understand these verses. What can you do? Don’t worry. Please keep read. I will explain ten of them and their solutions to you.
1.CMOS battery failed It is a common startup fault. It means your battery is nearly running out of power. You just need to change a new one.
2. CMOS check sum error-Defaults loaded Generally speaking, when this verse pops up, you can change a new battery first. If you can not solve it, it indicates there is something wrong with CMOS RAM. You can go to the agency and exchange a new main board or let them repair it.
3. Press ESC to skip memory test This is the easiest startup fault. You just need to press this key, and then it will go on running. It won’t affect your computer.
4. Keyboard error or no keyboard present Check you keyboard and see if it connects with the power.
5. Hard disk installs failure You can check your hard disks and ensure their ligatures are stick in the right place. And then set up your two hard disks’ ligatures—one is Master, the other one is Slave.
6. Secondary slave hard fail It has two possibilities. The first one is that COMS is set improper. You can enter the CMOS setting place, and then choose IDE HDD AUTO DETECTION to sense atomically. The second one is hard disks’ ligatures, power lines or data lines are not stick in the right place. Just do solve it like the fifth fault.
7. Floppy Disk(s) fail, Floppy Disk(s) fail(80)or Floppy Disk(s)fail(40) It means the system can not find the floppy drive. You’d better to make sure all its lines are in the right place, or you can put the drive into another computer to have a try. If it sill doesn’t work , I think you should buy a new one.
8. Hard disk(s) diagnosis fail Generally, it tells you that hard disk is wrong in this startup fault. You can try it on another computer. If it still pops up, you’d better to have someone to repair it.
9. Memory test fail Reinsert your memory bank and see if you can get rid of it. If you can’t, buy a new one.
10. Override enable-Defaults loaded There is a mistake in COMS setting. You can reset the COMS, choose LOAD SETUP DEFAULTS load the primary system and restart your computer.
If you want to know more about the startup faults and solutions , you can click into our website to have a view of the professional suggestion and advices that we offer you with our sincere heart.